Tick: 1031

Imperion

Community Boards - General Talk

digitalzero : 2010-07-15 00:55:56
Figured I would post this out in General section for those of you who come back and aren't playing PA with us. A few of us took up another game called Imperion.

imperion.org

Anyways, what this game is seemingly about, its sort of a graphic version of PA, other than its not all just about the ROIDS. You can choose from 3 different races, each race is drastically different. I can only speak on behalf of the Titan race, which is strickly a defending, engineering race. We hardly attack, we shield and stealth our planets to gain points. What do you attack then? Well to get resources, you can harvest comets, asteroids, debris fields. I know there is some sort of way to attack planets, but out of the 3 months I been playing it, I have yet to hit a planet. Abort will post about his experience most likely. Anyways, you gain CP (colonization points) to colonize new planets, and basically, the more population you have on the more planets you have, you rank up and win.

The game itself has been going on for a year, the rounds, are that long, if not longer. They are talking about creating a second universe (for a new round), so I am taking what I am doing now as training for the new round. It is all based on real time, meaning you gain resources each second, you can finish constructions faster (with upgrades) than other constructions, researching is instant but you gain points over time.

Why are we playing? Well, PA may die someday. It does not take the time PA does, great tick filler. I can see after colonizing 20+ planets, it getting crazy, but until then its a nice game. I encourage anyone out there to come play with us in it.

Our channel is #nd.imperion

See you soon!
ABORT : 2010-07-15 01:29:37
Hell, I have 3 planets and it's already getting crazy. But yea... DZ said most of it.. the game is very very fun.

The interface is nearly perfect... but of course... there is a learning curve. The game takes a while to figure out.. but there is a tutorial which walks you through the early stages of the game. (DO NOT SKIP THIS TUTORIAL, IT GIVES YOU REWARDS!)

Attacking other planets is fun... yet quite the task to pull off... which is a good thing. You gotta catch their fleet in the right place or else it isn't worth it. A planet can have turrets on their planet AS WELL as ships... After a battle, a debris field is created and you can harvest the salvage of the battle as a reward. The more you kill, the more you salvage. Duh.

As he said, the races are very very different. Titan is more for the casual player, as you remain defensive and grow slowly but strongly. Terran is the middle race, it is both offensive and defensive. Xen is the offensive race that requires A LOT of activity.

Overall PA is a better game as its reasonably a little more rewarding thanks to the rounds being so short... but Imperion continues to grow on me day by day.

JOIN US.
ABORT : 2010-07-18 15:56:04
Great time to join up is now! Fill the empty void that is in your life from having PA be between rounds! :)

Oh! and join Galaxy 3.
wwtoo : 2010-07-18 18:10:50
I am tempted - do I really want another addiction?
Seriously, how much time does it actually take?
ABORT : 2010-07-19 00:48:31
It's not like PA... your attacks get to their target in an hour or two. There is a bash limit, so huge planets cant just rape you. You harvest comets instead of initiate roids... thats the only time suck in the game is sending your harvesters to comets.
digitalzero : 2010-07-19 12:29:30
and it really only takes a few minutes to find asteroids or comets. its based in real time, so its more of a time filler than anything.
cheslink : 2010-08-02 11:40:38
Here I come...
leeadama : 2010-08-02 20:07:23
i have joined you guys...beware ;)
grape : 2010-08-02 21:01:42
cheslink wrote:
Here I come...

Here.... a handkerchief
cheslink : 2010-08-03 10:12:08
Only 11 hours later, I already ate it all up :P
digitalzero : 2010-08-03 12:25:28
just to give you guys a heads up, i sort of stopped playing the regular game and signed up for the speedgame. this is mainly because the regular game has been running for a year now and there is no way to see how well i am doing since i didnt start at the beginning. speed game is like regular game, only half speed, so 6 month game. its up to you guys to decide which to play. let me know, i will start NewDawn inside the speedgame also.
Amon : 2010-08-04 11:21:28
You mean double speed, right?
digitalzero : 2010-08-04 12:01:01
hmmm
Amon : 2010-08-05 04:19:43
If it's speed game, it wouldn't make sense for it to be half the speed of the main game.
digitalzero : 2010-08-06 12:17:16
half the duration
cheslink : 2010-08-06 16:42:56
faster everything
leeadama : 2010-08-07 17:11:56
I'm also playing speedgame only lol