Tick: 1029

Gaming Community

Community Boards - General Talk

digitalzero : 2019-01-31 14:20:33
Greetings fellow ND. Something I always wanted to do with NewDawn was to make us a legit gaming community. Right when AD2460 came out, a few of us wanted to branch off and play that game as well, but as time went on, things sort of fell apart and ND retained it's status of being a PA entity.

Before you read this, I want you to know that this by no means has any effect on how PA is currently being played by ND.

Since returning, I am definitely having fun playing PA, however I really feel like PA is on limited time. I don't want to see ND dissolve when PA goes away, or even if PA sticks around, why not evolve anyways?

So unimatrix has stepped forward to be a tech man, and code up a new website, some new forums, and a discord server where a few of us are at where we can chat, play other games, actually talk with one another and maybe evolve if we want too. Maybe we can get him and harv together to kinda brainstorm up some ideas for the PA side of the house?

I am posting this here because we want this to be a community, and not all ND members that may want to be a part of this, play PA anymore. We do welcome all, anyone who has been a big part of ND in PA's past, as well as presently. Maybe a few people in other alliances that don't have gaming communities may want to join, and keep PA seperate, that is completely ok, because things can be setup for PA the way they are, or in this new realm.

I am trying to reach out to some really old founding members to get their blessing on this, but I do not think they would mind, in fact they may even want to join. I just would hate for all of us to lose touch again, or completely if PA happens to fall.

Lets try it out, we are welcome to suggestions and games to play and how to move forward with this. It is all very new and exciting.

Link: http://newdawn.mxhosting.be/

Come join us on discord as well! On that link there is a connect button to join us!
unimatrix : 2019-01-31 15:36:12
i approve of this message!
synch : 2019-01-31 21:19:44
I used to play WoW and don't anymore but I know a few in ND do.

I play Neverwinter every now and then.
Walldo : 2019-02-01 15:03:20
I am in
anty : 2019-02-01 15:26:22
me too, the site looks great!
synch : 2019-02-01 20:00:22
I've also got an ND logo I made recently, was going to make a Rising one too.
synch : 2019-02-01 20:02:17
And volunteering my graphics services for any new images or buttons you need made for the website.
unimatrix : 2019-02-03 01:56:03
you on irc , slack or discord?
synch wrote:
And volunteering my graphics services for any new images or buttons you need made for the website.
unimatrix : 2019-02-03 01:56:37
for discord : https://discord.gg/TMetHn
synch : 2019-02-03 09:16:38
unimatrix wrote:
you on irc , slack or discord?

synch wrote:

Just Slack at the moment, need to work out Discord.
unimatrix : 2019-02-10 06:36:19
The discord is beeing setup to be delling compatible , you are all invited to join the newdawn Discord server for Planetarion & beyond : https://discord.gg/hxCdmf

Perhaps between ticks we can kill eachother :p
ABORT : 2019-02-13 20:54:07
I am there. Which means its the place to be....